Welcome to Compute
Computation can have many positive influences on modern life, but these benefits are unevenly distributed, particularly in a country with as much socio-economic diversity as India. COMPUTE 2018 – An International Symposium organized by ACM India in collaboration with Chitkara University, Punjab has Computing for Better Bharat as its prime objective and will focus on following two theme areas:-
Theme 1 - Improving the quality of computer science engineering education (including curriculum, pedagogy and assessment) in Indian undergraduate programs.
Theme 2 - (Poster Presentation Competition) - Utilizing computation to address India-specific challenges including challenges of rural India.
Theme 1 will be of particular interest to Computer Science Educators, and will feature:
- Invited talks by experts in CS curriculum design (including ACM Education Council's CC2020 efforts), CS pedagogy (with emphasis on the role of technology, including MOOCs) and CS assessments.
- Hands-on sessions and tutorials to familiarize faculty with emerging educational tools and resources (including 3-D printing and Augmented Reality)
CALL FOR POSTERS
Submission Due by –
August 22 August 30, 2018
Open to students, research scholars and academicians of all departments
Theme 2 is directed toward students, research scholars, academicians who wish to present solutions to the one of the below listed problems by participating is Poster Presentation Competition to be organized during COMPUTE 2018. It is desired that participating teams should have prototype of their solution also available. Shortlisted teams will be expected to showcase their prototypes (or video of their prototypes) during the competition.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Access technologies for persons with disabilities/children with special needs
- Computation for agriculture
- Computation for basic numeracy and literacy (including financial and digital literacy)
- Computation for healthcare
- Computation for rural services
- Educational content generation/curation through Computation
- Natural Language Processing for Indian languages
- It is highly desirable that Poster submissions include links to working prototypes (video demonstrations, working code, etc.)
- Shortlisted teams will be invited to showcase their prototypes during ACM COMPUTE 2018.
- Maximum team size is 5 members
- CLICK HERE to Submit Your Poster
- Submission Due by -
August 15 August 22, 2018
Awards & Benefits
- Cash Prizes up to INR50,000 and goodies
- Mentorship by panel of experts during and after COMPUTE 2018
- Support to take your prototypes to products stage.
- Zero Registration Fee, Free Travel & Accommodation for one Team Member*
- *If your poster gets selected for presentation in Compute 2018, one member from your team will be offered complimentary registration to attend & participate in Compute 2018. He/she will also be provided travel support of upto INR4,000 and shared complimentray accommodation in hostel at Chitkara University, Punjab.